If We Don’t Have A Book
Can’t find what you’re looking for at our library? Here are a few options for you to try:
Place a Hold
If the item you want is available from another library in the Ramapo Catskill Library System, you can use your library card to place a hold in the Catalog, and the item will be shipped to the Newburgh Free Library for you to borrow.
If the item is not listed in the Online Catalog, we can try getting it for you from WorldCat, a database that connects us to a wide network of libraries. You may request an item through Interlibrary loan at one of our service desks or by calling 563-3625.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about our Interlibrary Loan service:
- Items requested through Interlibrary Loan must be older than one year.
- The ILL process usually takes anywhere from two to three weeks, although difficult-to -obtain items may take longer.
- The service is free, but some lending libraries may charge up to $10.00 to loan an item. You will need to let staff know in advance the maximum charge you are willing to pay.
- Loan periods vary depending on the lending library.
- This service is available to Newburgh library card holders only.
Suggest a Purchase
We welcome your suggestions! Use the form below to recommend a book, an audio book, a DVD or CD to add to the library’s collection. Please wait to submit a suggestion for purchase until after the item has been published.