The Library hosts programs for all ages of youth. For ages birth to five we have:
- Lapsit Story Time (ages birth-18 months) – Presents simple books, songs, rhymes, and activities for brain-building fun.
- Play and Learn Story Time (ages 18-36 months) – Includes stories, songs, rhymes, games, and activities, plus connections to child-centered resources in the community.
- Preschool Story Time – Learn through reading, singing, playing, and crafting as children move towards school-age.
- Mini Monet (Art) (ages 2-6) Hands-on sensory art. (Come for fun and dress for a mess.)
- Shake, Rattle, and Read (Music & Movement) (ages 1-5) – Sing, dance, and play to get little ones moving.
- Imagine a Garden Family Fun (focuses on ages 3-8, but all are welcome) – A family program to inspire interest in and learn more about gardening. No experience necessary.
- Special programs throughout the year
1000 Books Before Kindergarten* (ages birth-5) – This ongoing program is a powerful brain-builder as well as offering an opportunity for a wealth of quality time with your little one. “The 1000 Books Before Kindergarten challenge is a simple: read a book, any book to your child, with the goal of reading 1,000 before Kindergarten, and Yes, repeats count! If you read just 1 book a night, you will have read…365 books in a year. That is 730 books in 2 years and 1095 books in three years…You have more time than you think (so get started!)” – Quote from site. Print reading logs in English or Spanish from the website or log the books digitally on our READsquared app.