Home Delivery Services
The Newburgh Free Library is pleased to offer a Home Delivery Service for members of our community who cannot visit the library due to illness, disability, or age. This free service allows residents in the Newburgh Enlarged City School District to receive library materials through the U.S. Postal Service.
- Interested participants must fill out an application.
- Eligibility for the program is limited to residents.
- Age 65 or older, OR
- Anyone immunocompromised or homebound.
- If you already have a library card assigned, we will use this number to check out materials to you!
- If you do not have a library card, one will be created for you and sent to you in your first shipment.
- You may request specific titles by calling (845) 563-3624.
- Ask a librarian to make selections for you based upon the Reader’s Profile included with the application.
- Items must be owned by the Newburgh Free Library.
- 14-day books, oversized items, and museum passes are excluded from the program.
Checkouts and Returns
- The Library will mail up to three items at a time in heavy-duty nylon bags.
- All items are checked out for 35 days and must be returned before you can receive more items.
- There are never any overdue fines, however, participants will be charged the replacement cost for materials that are lost and/or damaged while in their care. Items will be considered lost if they have not been returned within 4-weeks of their due date.
- Patrons participating in the program will become ineligible for the service if they do not return library materials.
- To return the items, place them back in the bag and flip the tag to the reverse side and send in your outgoing mail.
How to register:
- Fill out and submit the form below
- In-person at either the Main Library
- Request one to be mailed by calling (845) 563-3624
- Download the forms below and mail to:
Newburgh Free Library
124 Grand St.
Newburgh, NY 12550
Download: Homebound Delivery application