Homebound Delivery Service
The Newburgh Free Library is pleased to offer a Homebound Delivery Service for members of our community who cannot visit the library due to illness, disability, or age. This free service allows residents in the Newburgh Enlarged City School District to receive library materials through the U.S. Postal Service.
- Interested participants must fill out an application.
- Eligibility for the program is limited to residents:
- Age 65 or older.
- Anyone immuno-compromised or homebound as certified by one of the following: Licensed medical doctor, Registered Nurse, Ophthalmologist/Optometrist, or social worker.
- If you already have a library card assigned, we will use this number to check out materials to you!
- If you do not have a library card, one will be created for you and sent to you in your first shipment.
- You may request specific titles by calling (845) 563-3610 or by emailing email@example.com
- Ask a librarian to make selections for you based upon the Reader’s Profile included with the application.
- Items must be owned by the Newburgh Free Library or the Newburgh Free Library Town Branch.
- Entertainment DVDs, Music CDs, 14-day books, magazines, oversized items, and museum passes are excluded from the program.
Checkouts and Returns
- The Library will mail up to three items at a time in heavy-duty nylon bags.
- All items are checked out for 28 days and must be returned before you can receive more items.
- There are never any overdue fines, however, participants will be charged the replacement cost for materials that are lost and/or damaged while in their care. Items will be considered lost if they have not been returned within 3-weeks of their due date.
- Patrons participating in the program will become ineligible for the service if they do not return library materials.
- To return the items, place them back in the bag and flip the tag to the reverse side and send in your outgoing mail.
How to register:
- In-person at either the main library or town branch
- Request one to be mailed by calling (845) 563-3610 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up by CLICKING HERE
- Or download the Homebound Application and mail to:
Newburgh Free Library
Attn: Jason Thomas
124 Grand St.
Newburgh, NY 12550