Museum passes can be checked out just like a book or DVD, and are available to Newburgh Free Library Card holders only, at the Main Library only. Borrowing a museum pass is on a first come, first-served basis: reservations or requests for specific dates to use the passes cannot be made.
Participating Museums as of May 5, 2022
- Boscobel House and Garden
- Hudson Highlands Nature Museum
- Hudson River Maritime Museum
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Mohonk Preserve
- Museum of Modern Art
- New York State Empire Pass
- Storm King Art Center
- Motorcyclepedia Museum
- Museum of Modern Art
- New! Liberty Science Center – Show your NFL library card to get $3.00 off the price of admission.
Museums that are not currently participating in library pass program
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan
- Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum
- The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art (Amherst, MA)
- Guggenheim Museum
- The Museum at Bethel Woods
Museum passes are all listed in the Library’s online catalog. Search “museum pass” (must include quotes marks) in the online catalog’s title search box. Then click on Museum pass in the title line to see if specific passes are currently checked out or might be available to borrow. Holds/Reserves cannot be placed on the passes.
Restrictions on the use of each pass are set by the Museum or Institution’s membership policies.
*Due to continued COVID-19 restrictions, it is the responsibility of the patron borrowing the museum pass to call the museum or check the museum’s web site PRIOR to visiting in order to verify the Museum’s current hours and entry requirements before planning a visit.
What you should know:
- Borrower must be an adult Newburgh Free Library Card holder with a clean record
(no fines due or lost/overdue items).
- Borrowing card must be an adult card.
- Only one pass may be borrowed at a time.
- The loan period for a pass is 3 days.
- Late fines will be assessed at $10.00 per day.
- Pass will be considered lost if not returned in one (1) week.
- A lost pass will result in a charge of full replacement cost of membership.
- The Museum may ask to see your Newburgh Free Library Card, along with the membership pass and a Photo ID.
Call (845) 563-3618 for information on Museum Pass program.